Faculty-Edited Film, Rain Beau's End, to Premiere Online at qFLIX
Columbia College Chicago is pleased to announce that the film Rain Beau's End, edited by Cinema and Television Arts Adjunct faculty member Wayne Kumingo, will premiere online as a part of the qFLIX festival, which celebrates the LGBTQ+ community. The film tells the story of two women who adopt a child with a genetic condition and behavioral issues. It is a story of grappling with the unexpected and coming to terms with accepting the unforeseen.
Columbia alum Kyara Bolanos served as a sound designer for the project, while alum Zander Edelman served as the film's Digital Imaging Technician. The film was directed by Tracy Wren, written by Jennifer Cooney, and Produced by Joe Orlandino. It stars Janelle Snow ("Chicago Fire," "Chicago Med," and "Empire,"), and co-stars Ed Asner ("Mary Tyler Moore Show", "Lou Grant,"), Sean Young ("Blade Runner," "No Way Out,") and Christain Stolte ("Chicago Fire").
The trailer for the film can be seen here. This is the official site for the film. Tickets and festival details, including details for a talk-back that will occur virtually on Tuesday, November 17th at 8pm EST, can be found here. The film will run through the end of November.
- Russell Gunn on the Trumpet and Building a Life in Music
- Jessie Ann Foley MFA ’12 Publishes Fourth Book, You Know I’m No Good
- Business and Entrepreneurship Faculty Member Inspires Students to Redefine Marketing, Become Creative Change Agents
- Instructor Ryan Black Explores the Wide World of Audio Engineering
- Jerakah Greene ’20 Follows Their Passion to Hometown Following Graduation