Fashion Alum Shea Couleé '11 Crowned Winner of RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars
Columbia College Chicago alum Shea Couleé (Jaren Merrell) BFA 11' is the newest inductee to the Drag Race Hall of Fame.
Couleé was crowned winner of RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars 5 on Friday, July 24 during the show's season finale.
After graduating in 2011 with a BFA in Costume Design, Couleébegan their drag career in Chicago clubs and venues, building on skills picked up during their time at Columbia.
Couleé was a standout in Season 9 of RuPaul's Drag Race in 2017, making it to the final four but losing to the eventual winner Sasha Velour. Following that season, Couleé performed as part of the "Werq the World 2017" tour, hosted by Michelle Visage and Season 6 winner Bianca Del Rio.
Couleé is now participating in Pinterest's "Make a Statement Mask" challenge, showcasing masks on their social channels to help inspire others to cover up with style.
You can watch Season 9 of RuPaul's Drag Race and Season 5 of All Stars on VH1.com.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia