Melissa Albert Publishes Second New York Time’s Bestseller, The Night Country
Melissa Albert BA ’06 published her second young adult fairy tale noir novel, The Night Country.
The Night Country is the anticipated sequel to Albert’s bestselling debut The Hazel Wood. The story continues to follow protagonist Alice Proserpine in a world of dark fairy tales.
After escaping from the Hinterland in The Hazel Wood, Alice tries to make a new, unmagical life in New York City. When something starts stalking Hinterland survivors Alice must find out who is behind the string of ex-story murders.
The Night Country was published on January 7, 2020 and has spent its first two weeks available on the New York Time’s Young Adult Bestseller’s list. The Hazel Wood was on The New York Times bestseller list for 36 weeks.
Read more about Albert's first novel debut in DEMO Magazine.
- Filmmaker Thavary Krouch, MFA ’13, Wants You to Know You are a Success
- English and Creative Writing Department Introduces New Literary magazine, Allium, A Journal of Poetry & Prose
- Columbia College Chicago Announces 2021-22 Art Now! Lecture Series
- Fashion Expert Flora Brunetti is Back: On Teaching, Mentoring, and Taking Good Risks
- Aleksei Borovikov MFA ’22 Gets Class and Passion Projects Noticed in Film Festivals