Melissa Albert Publishes Second New York Time’s Bestseller, The Night Country
Melissa Albert BA ’06 published her second young adult fairy tale noir novel, The Night Country.
The Night Country is the anticipated sequel to Albert’s bestselling debut The Hazel Wood. The story continues to follow protagonist Alice Proserpine in a world of dark fairy tales.
After escaping from the Hinterland in The Hazel Wood, Alice tries to make a new, unmagical life in New York City. When something starts stalking Hinterland survivors Alice must find out who is behind the string of ex-story murders.
The Night Country was published on January 7, 2020 and has spent its first two weeks available on the New York Time’s Young Adult Bestseller’s list. The Hazel Wood was on The New York Times bestseller list for 36 weeks.
Read more about Albert's first novel debut in DEMO Magazine.
- Russell Gunn on the Trumpet and Building a Life in Music
- Jessie Ann Foley MFA ’12 Publishes Fourth Book, You Know I’m No Good
- Business and Entrepreneurship Faculty Member Inspires Students to Redefine Marketing, Become Creative Change Agents
- Instructor Ryan Black Explores the Wide World of Audio Engineering
- Jerakah Greene ’20 Follows Their Passion to Hometown Following Graduation