Columbia College Chicago Professors Participate in Author Meets Critic Session at American Philosophical Association Conference
This week, Columbia College Chicago’s Associate Professor Rami Gabriel and Professor Stephen Asma will present their work, The Emotional Mind: The Affective Roots of Culture and Cognition, in an author meets critics session at the Central American Philosophical Association 2020 conference. The Emotional Mind delves into the role of emotions in the evolution of the mind. Gabriel and Asma “reveal how behaviors and social structures of our species are best discerned through the lens of emotions.”
On February 27th from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Gabriel and Asma will discuss their work with four critics: Owen Flanagan (Duke University), Ann E. Cudd (University of Pittsburgh), Jea Sophia Oh (West Chester University of Pennsylvania), and Bongrae Seok (Alvernia University). The results of the discussion will be published in the Journal of the Philosophy of Emotions later this year.
- CTVA Alum Richard Song ’17 on Building His Business
- Students Excel When Following Passions in Columbia Core Curriculum
- Tomas Videla, MFA ’19, on Building a Life from His Love of Music
- Columbia Student Talks About Her Passion for Illustration
- Five Things to Check Out Online During Columbia's Winter Break