Columbia Alumni Take Home 2021 Emmy Awards
Several Columbia College Chicago alumni were honored both individually and collectively for their work on award-winning television shows at the Television Academy's 73rd Creative Arts Emmy Awards and Primetime Emmy Awards on September 19, 2021.
Outstanding Cinematography for a Reality Program
Josh Fisch ’10, Camera, Life Below Zero
Outstanding Animated Program
Genndy Tartakovsky, Creator, Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal
Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Series
Matthew Fleischmann ’11, Camera, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Columbia is also celebrating our alumni who played key roles in these outstanding projects:
Outstanding Variety Special (Pre-Recorded)
Declan Quinn ’79, Cinematographer, Hamilton
And, to Dana Tuinier ’06, Comedy Executive at Apple TV+ for her work in bringing Ted Lasso - the most nominated freshmen comedy in TV history – to the screen. Ted Lasso won 7 Emmys (Primetime and Creative Arts).
Congratulations to the more than 20 alumni who were nominated at this year's Emmy Awards. View the full list of #ColumAlum nominees here.
- Dance and Cultural Studies Alum Brianna Heath '17 on the Importance of Listening to Your Genuine Self
- Pinball Wizard Jessica Durbala '21 Launches Her First Game
- Art History Assistant Professor Onur Öztürk on Architecture, Decolonization, and Our Intertwined World
- Alum Mary Kate Ashe '19 Promotes Accessibility at SXSW
- SXSW: Columbia College Chicago Students Experience the Ultimate Field Trip