Columbia College Chicago Announces Spring Screenwriter Splash 2021
Columbia College Chicago is pleased to announce this year's Spring Screenwriter Splash, which has been organized by Assistant Professor Missy Hernandez, Professor Michael Niederman, Professor Josef Steiff, and Senior Director of Alumni Relations and CTVA Instructor Dirk Matthews.
The event is aimed at connecting prospective students, current students, and alumni. As Assistant Professor Missy Hernandez has said, "Unless or until their film is made, the talent of our writers quite literally goes unseen. The Spring Screenwriters' Splash was initially created to highlight the work of current and alumni TV and screenwriters. It quickly grew into much more thanks to rising star CTVA alumni and industry change-makers eager to engage with students on issues that are reshaping cinema and television. Enthusiasm is high for this inaugural edition of what we hope will grow into an annual event series designed to connect alumni, current students, future students, and anyone interested in celebrating storytellers."
This year's Splash will feature industry and alumni panels as well as a live reading of selected Script Launch and Written Image scripts. The full list of 2020 Written Image Award winners will be announced during the live reading event on April 23rd.
The 2020 Written Image Awards 1st Place Winners receive:
- Mentorships and/or consultations with writing professionals
- Screenwriting and story development software
- Participation in the inaugural CTVA Script Launch
The CTVA Script Launch is a new initiative for current screenwriting students with submission-ready scripts to receive mentorship and guidance in submitting their work for competitions and fellowships. Submissions open in the fall semester and selections are announced in the spring.
To qualify for the Written Image Awards applicants must be a current student or an alum of Columbia College Chicago's Cinema and Television Arts department. You can find more information regarding the Written Image Awards here.
For further questions regarding this year's Spring Screenwriter Splash, please contact Missy Hernandez at email@example.com.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format