Creative Conversations: Super Stations and Superheroes with Luis De La Parra ’95
Join Alumnus and Board Trustee Luis De La Parra ’95, Wednesday, November 10, from 4:30 - 6:00 p.m. CST, as he welcomes Marvel Studios executive Victoria Alonso to discuss diversity in television and filmmaking, and how their cultural identity helped forge new paths in storytelling.
This conversation is part of a series of panels that explore the power of anti-racist industry practices and narratives across film, television, video games, interactive arts, advertising, journalism, and other media and information industries. Bringing together interrelated panels of media professionals from different sectors of our collective media industries, these conversations consider the stories and genres that are being told and reimagined to address longstanding racial inequities and histories of discrimination and the efforts of young creatives to find their voices within mainstream media industries; and these conversations bring together those media artists with stories to tell about their respective roles and paths within a media ecosystem that is still making headway in its commitment to diversity.
With the timely release of Marvels' The Eternals, for which Alonso served as an executive producer, this is a conversation you won't want to miss!
This event is open to all students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of the college. Register for the event here.
- Columbia Hosts First Student-Programmed Gala to Raise Money for Scholarships
- Transfer Student Trisa Colon on Building a Future as a Returning Learner
- Student Event Producer Iridian Fierro on Scholarships and Achieving Her Dreams
- Student Finds Inspiration and Motivation Through Event Collaboration
- Singer and Music Instructor G. Thomas Allen Celebrates Second GRAMMY Nominated Project