Chicago International Children's Film Festival to Screen Film by Columbia Faculty Member and Alum
Cinema and Television Arts Assistant Professor Missy Hernandez and Alum Miguel Silveira ‘05 wrote and produced a new documentary titled The Last Election and Other Love Stories, directed by Silveira. The film will make its Chicago premiere in the young adult category at the Chicago International Children's Film Festival (CICFF) on Monday, November 7 at 7 p.m. at Facets. The film will also be available to stream online from November 4 – 20.
The Last Election and Other Love Stories follows two podcasters, Khadim Diop and Xisko Monroe, as they attempt to capture the genuine perspectives of New York right in Times Square while they await the 2020 Presidential Election results. Amid the political turmoil stirring in the streets, Khadim and Xisko chase a personal dream to win a $20,000 podcast competition.
“The festival programmers were wonderfully accommodating of our request to screen ahead of Election Day, and I hope we can utilize the film to encourage folks to hit the polls for these midterms,” Hernandez says.
Visit the CICFF website for tickets to the in-person and online screenings.
- Theatre Major Edgar "Cléo” Flores on Life in Theatre and Areas of Opportunity
- Cultivating Creativity at Columbia: A Student Finds His Place
- Joseph Sikora: From Stage and Screen to Behind the Scenes
- The Science of Sound: As Told by a Renaissance Man
- Columbia Votes Prepares Students for Midterm Elections