Career Day Brings Advertising Professionals Together With Columbia Students
On February 17, Columbia College Chicago welcomed the Chicago Advertising Federation’s Career Day to the Student Center. Twenty Columbia Communication students joined the activities to learn more about the advertising industry’s landscape and the art of networking. Panelists and speakers included representatives from FCB, Yahoo, Leo Burnett, iHeart Media, Paramount, Publicis Media, NBC Universal, A+E Networks, Morningstar, Roku, and more.
“It’s an opportunity for us to get to know different things about our industry,” says Jordan Neal, a junior studying Public Relations.
The day featured panel discussions and breakout sessions. Speakers covered topics such as the types of jobs found in the advertising ecosystem, the dos and don’ts of networking, and how to stand out during the hiring process. And at the career fair expo, students spoke one-on-one with company representatives and shared their resumes.
“I was super excited to be here … to hear about what’s going on in the real world, outside of school … and see what the market’s like, what the opportunities are, and what they look like,” says Madison Apton, a senior studying Advertising.
- Dance and Cultural Studies Alum Brianna Heath '17 on the Importance of Listening to Your Genuine Self
- Pinball Wizard Jessica Durbala '21 Launches Her First Game
- Art History Assistant Professor Onur Öztürk on Architecture, Decolonization, and Our Intertwined World
- Alum Mary Kate Ashe '19 Promotes Accessibility at SXSW
- SXSW: Columbia College Chicago Students Experience the Ultimate Field Trip