Commencement 2015 Celebrates Graduates and Distinguished Alumni
On May 16 and 17, Columbia College Chicago held its commencement ceremonies at the historic Auditorium Theatre. More than 2,300 graduating students were honored in five ceremonies.
Valedictorians were Hailey Noble, Early Childhood Education; Conner Good, Television; Hannah Kaiser, Fashion Business; Quincy Oliver, Cinema Art + Science; and Kassidy Watkins, ASL–English Interpretation.
The college presented honorary degrees to five alumni who are leaders in their fields: Len Amato (BA ’75), HBO Films president; Chester Gregory (BA ’95), actor and singer; Josefina López (BA ’93), playwright, screenwriter and theater producer; Anna Shapiro (BA ’90), Steppenwolf Theatre Company artistic director; and Nan Warshaw (MA ’93), co-founder and co-owner of Bloodshot Records.
Congratulations to all of our graduates!
Photos: Phil Dembinski and Camila Cediel
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format