Commencement 2015 Celebrates Graduates and Distinguished Alumni
On May 16 and 17, Columbia College Chicago held its commencement ceremonies at the historic Auditorium Theatre. More than 2,300 graduating students were honored in five ceremonies.
Valedictorians were Hailey Noble, Early Childhood Education; Conner Good, Television; Hannah Kaiser, Fashion Business; Quincy Oliver, Cinema Art + Science; and Kassidy Watkins, ASL–English Interpretation.
The college presented honorary degrees to five alumni who are leaders in their fields: Len Amato (BA ’75), HBO Films president; Chester Gregory (BA ’95), actor and singer; Josefina López (BA ’93), playwright, screenwriter and theater producer; Anna Shapiro (BA ’90), Steppenwolf Theatre Company artistic director; and Nan Warshaw (MA ’93), co-founder and co-owner of Bloodshot Records.
Congratulations to all of our graduates!
Photos: Phil Dembinski and Camila Cediel
- Sarah Uhlarik ’17 Returns to Columbia For Interaction Design MA and Gets Noticed
- Adjunct Professor Kate Wisel MFA ’17 on Chasing Her Dreams
- Elsa Brydalski on How Graphic Design Keeps Her Sharp and Creative
- Associate Professor Jeanne Petrolle’s Story of Writing, Adventures and the Bible
- Honorary Degree Recipient and Renowned Playwright and Actor Regina Taylor HDR ’11 to Speak at Columbia Social Justice Initiative Event