President Kim Honored at 2015 Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration
May 13, 2015
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White honored Columbia College Chicago’s president, Dr. Kwang-Wu Kim at the office’s 2015 Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration at the James R. Thompson Center. President Kim served as the keynote speaker for the program and ABC7 Chicago anchor Judy Hsu was the emcee. The event also honored the Honorable Generoso Calonge, consul general of the Republic of the Philippines; Sam Ma, local leader and entrepreneur; Miss Illinois 2014 Marisa Buchheit, humanitarian and mentor; and Master Hong-Chao Zhang, community leader and martial arts instructor.
The Secretary of State’s annual ceremony celebrates the cultures and contributions of Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders throughout the state of Illinois every year in May.
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced