President Kim Honored at 2015 Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration
May 13, 2015
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White honored Columbia College Chicago’s president, Dr. Kwang-Wu Kim at the office’s 2015 Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration at the James R. Thompson Center. President Kim served as the keynote speaker for the program and ABC7 Chicago anchor Judy Hsu was the emcee. The event also honored the Honorable Generoso Calonge, consul general of the Republic of the Philippines; Sam Ma, local leader and entrepreneur; Miss Illinois 2014 Marisa Buchheit, humanitarian and mentor; and Master Hong-Chao Zhang, community leader and martial arts instructor.
The Secretary of State’s annual ceremony celebrates the cultures and contributions of Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders throughout the state of Illinois every year in May.
- Instructor Jason Stephens on the Power and Possibility of Documentary Filmmaking
- Corporate Partnerships Bring Student Designs to Market
- ‘Listening to Indigenous Voices’ Series Kicks Off
- MAM Alum and MFA Student Erica McKeehen on Choosing the Artist’s Life
- Columbia and DePaul Students Plan and Host Communications Career Conference