2017 Year in Review
In 2017, Columbia College Chicago built upon its traditions in creative and innovative excellence to write several new and exciting chapters in its history. This year, Columbia celebrated the groundbreaking of the college’s first Student Center; prestigious achievements for faculty and alumni—Lena Waithe's historic Emmy Award, Dawoud Bey's MacArthur “genius" grant, Brad Temkin's Guggenheim Fellowship, Aleksandar Hemon's PEN Literary Award, among others; and curricular developments that prepare students for a changing world and its evolving industries.
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced