2017 Year in Review
In 2017, Columbia College Chicago built upon its traditions in creative and innovative excellence to write several new and exciting chapters in its history. This year, Columbia celebrated the groundbreaking of the college’s first Student Center; prestigious achievements for faculty and alumni—Lena Waithe's historic Emmy Award, Dawoud Bey's MacArthur “genius" grant, Brad Temkin's Guggenheim Fellowship, Aleksandar Hemon's PEN Literary Award, among others; and curricular developments that prepare students for a changing world and its evolving industries.
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia
- Alexis Kirkpatrick BA ’22 Publishes Story “Mr. Forget- Me-Not?"
- Nick Olson BA ’14 Publishes first Novel, Here’s Waldo