Video: From Page to Screen: "On the Basis of Sex"
On December 25, 2018, the film On the Basis of Sex premiered in cities across the U.S. The film originated eight years earlier at Columbia College Chicago. Here, screenwriter Daniel Stiepleman discusses the writing process for the script about the personal and professional story of his aunt, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. With the help from Associate Dean of Los Angeles Programs Karen Loop, who went on to become the executive producer of the film, the script found a foothold in Hollywood—and opened in theaters around the world.
Before its theatrical release, Stiepleman and Loop returned to Columbia for an advanced screening of the film and to talk to the Columbia community about their process from getting the story from page to screen.
- AAA Alum Patrick Tumulty on Pivoting to Chase the Dream
- Faculty, Alum on Her Full Circle Experience at Columbia College Chicago
- Yulia Yrkoski on Illustration and Staying True to Yourself
- Audio Engineering Student Kimberly Liwanag on Living the Journey
- Ksenia Rychtycka ’93 Publishes Poetry Chapbook, "A Sky Full of Wings"