Every day before arriving on campus, you must complete the Daily Pre-Check on your mobile device or a computer. This is an online screening you must take every day to verify you are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. After you complete the Daily Pre-Check questions and it indicates you are cleared to enter campus buildings; you will need to show this screen to Campus Security at every campus building you enter that day.
What you need to do:
- Before visiting campus, complete the Daily Pre-Check via the college’s website, Engage Columbia mobile app, or QR code.
- Be prepared to show your results (shown above) to Campus Security either by emailing yourself a copy of the page and printing it OR by taking a screen shot that shows the current day’s date and the “Cleared to enter campus buildings” page.
- You will need to show your results page to Campus Security at every building you enter for every day you are on campus.
- For example, if you go to 600 S. Michigan on January 5 at 11 a.m., you will need to show your results page to Campus Security, and then if you visit another campus building, 33 E. Ida B. Wells Drive, later in the day, you will need to show your results page again. The following day, you will need to complete another Daily Pre-Check questionnaire and follow the same process at every campus building.
You also have the option of completing the questionnaire from your mobile device when you get to campus, but we encourage everyone to do this before entering the building to avoid long lines and crowding the area.
About the Daily Pre-Check Questionnaire
The Daily Pre-Check questionnaire is required to ensure the safety of everyone on campus. As part of the questionnaire, you will be asked to evaluate yourself for these symptoms each day you plan to be on campus:
- Do any of the following apply:
- Have you had a body temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit or have you used a fever reducer in the previous 24 hours to treat a body temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Do you have a new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have a new or worsening sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have new shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Have you recently developed a complete loss of smell or taste?
- Have you recently started experiencing vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you recently started experiencing headache or aches throughout the body which you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- In the past 10 days, have you had close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed or is suspected of having COVID-19?
- I am complying with the College's COVID testing requirement.
- Individuals who have traveled to states designated by the City of Chicago as having a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19 (states designated as red or orange on the city's emergency travel order map) must refrain from coming to campus for ten (10) days upon arrival in Chicago. Please see the list of designated states below. Note: This requirement does not apply to individuals who live in one of the designated states and regularly commute to Chicago for the purpose of work or school. Those individuals can continue to come to campus.
- Alabama-November 13
- Alaska-November 13
- Arizona-November 13
- Arkansas-November 13
- California-November 20
- Colorado-November 13
- Connecticut-November 13
- Delaware-November 13
- District of Columbia-November 20
- Florida-November 13
- Georgia-November 13
- Idaho-November 13
- Indiana-November 13
- Iowa-November 13
- Kansas-November 13
- Kentucky-November 13
- Louisiana-November 13
- Maine-December 18
- Maryland-November 13
- Massachusetts-November 13
- Michigan-November 13
- Mississippi-November 13
- Missouri-November 13
- Montana-November 13
- Minnesota-November 13
- Nebraska-November 13
- Nevada-November 13
- New Hampshire-November 20
- New Jersey-November 13
- New Mexico-November 13
- New York-November 20
- North Carolina-November 13
- North Dakota-November 13
- Ohio-November 13
- Oklahoma-November 13
- Oregon-November 13
- Pennsylvania-November 13
- Puerto Rico-November 13
- Rhode Island-November 13
- South Carolina-November 13
- South Dakota-November 13
- Tennessee-November 13
- Texas-November 13
- Utah-November 13
- Virginia-November 13
- Washington-November 13
- West Virginia-November 13
- Wisconsin-November 13
- Wyoming-November 13
Which of the following applies to you?
- Yes, I have traveled to one of the designated states listed above on or after the effective date in the last ten (10) days.
- No, I have NOT traveled to one of the designated states listed above on or after the effective date in the last ten (10) days.
If you have any COVID-19 related symptoms:
- Do not come to campus.
- If you are a student, call the Student Health Center or your personal health care provider and notify Campus Security and Student Relations.
- If you are an employee, call CareATC or your personal health care provider.