Cinema Slapdown is a unique screening series, a wildly entertaining crossbreed of film discussion and knockdown, drag out debate that showcases the best and the brightest of Columbia College Chicago and local personalities.
At each session, a well-known though controversial film is screened. It can be anything from a documentary that polarized its audience to a big award winner that left many scratching their heads and asking “Why?” Following the screening, two debaters, one who loves it and the other who doesn't battle against each other, the audience and Ref Ron Falzone.
Each semester is built around a specific theme.
Questions? Contact Sandy Cuprisin, 312.369.6708 or email@example.com
- More DatesCTVA Advanced Practicum Projects REACH for the Stars: Trailers to Film Festivals World-WideTake a look at the works in progress by talented Advanced Practicum students displaying the experience that they have gained by creating a diverse slate of short films of different genres. Featuring trailers for the projects, a behind the scenes video created by the Doc Unit, and a short sneak peek at projects going into...Get the details
- More DatesCTVA Advanced Projects REACH The Finish Line: Completed FilmsTake a look at a special selection of shorts made by talented graduating Cinema and Television Arts students. Completed work made in Directing and Documentary classes along with Independent Projects reach the finish line. Join Cinema and Television Arts at Manifest! View this Showcase opening 5/10 at 9am at https://manifest.colum.edu/cinema-and-television-arts...Get the details
- More DatesCTVA Graduates REACH for What’s NextThat’s a wrap! Congratulations to Cinema and Television Arts graduating students who are ready to REACH for what’s next. View this Manifest showcase that will debut on Tuesday, May 11 at https://manifest.colum.edu/cinema-and-television-arts...Get the details
- More DatesColumbia College Chicago's FrequencyTV REACHed out to the Class of 2021 and AlumniThis year Columbia College Chicago’s FrequencyTV went out via ZOOM to talk to the graduating class of 2021. Our producers interviewed students from different disciplines and departments including Cinema and Television Arts. We are also featuring the MFA students and Alumni. Find out where they started, what they learned and where they are now. View...Get the details
- More DatesREACH Out to the Industry: FrameWork 2021The FrameWork opportunity is a video cover letter featuring graduating students in Cinema and Television Arts. These short pieces show off film and media makers' personalities and work. DIY interviews during the pandemic are an example of the creativity and desire of these graduates to REACH out to the industry. View the Manifest showcase opening...Get the details
- More DatesREACH Up and Never StopSee the work and meet the students who have demonstrated remarkable achievements. Trailers of Advanced Practicum films currently on the festival circuit are featured. View this Manifest showcase opening 5/10 at 9am at https://manifest.colum.edu/cinema-and-television-arts...Get the details
- More DatesREACH for Truth and JusticeThe Documentary Program brings you a special selection of exciting shorts made by our talented graduating Cinema and Television Arts students in Documentary and Non-Fiction Filmmaking. Bold personal documentary, social justice, pop culture stories made during an unprecedented year. Our students REACH for the stars and shine, documenting this important time in our world. Join...Get the details
- More DatesREACH out with your REELA collection of student reels from different disciplines in Cinema and Television Arts. View this Manifest showcase opening 5/10 at 9a at https://manifest.colum.edu/cinema-and-television-arts...Get the details
- More DatesREACH: Curious Eye EX-Cinema ShowcaseCinema and Television Arts’ Experimental Film Society curates and presents links to a range of experimental work from graduating seniors and graduate students. Watch how films stretch, push, pull and explode the traditional notions of cinema and television. Online Selections 1: Found Footage and Super Cuts Online Selections 2: Performance Collaborations & Bric-a-Brac View the above selections at...Get the details
- More DatesREACHing for the BoundariesA collection of new and emerging media works which question how reality and our environment affect us. Viewers are invited to choose how, when and where they interact with the stories and environments through the creative use of web VR, interactive and 360 video. These works explore themes of love, morality, empathy, and women’s empowerment...Get the details