Creative Writing Reading Series
The Creative Writing Reading Series at Columbia College Chicago is one of the most dynamic, aesthetically diverse events of its kind in the city. Hosted by the English and Creative Writing Department, the series attracts prestigious, award-winning fiction writers, poets and nonfiction writers who perform, engage and educate on a myriad of topics and traditions.
The series is also committed to curating critically engaged contemporary works that challenge traditional discourse and embrace culturally relevant, diverse voices. Our unique connection to the vibrant cultural and educational district in the South Loop also sets the stage for some of the most fascinating, inspiring and influential conversations on the literary arts.
All readings will take place at Stage Two (618 S. Michigan Ave., Second Floor).
- Sigrid Nunez (Sept. 18, 5:30 p.m.)
- David Shields and Ames Hawkins (Oct. 10, 5:30 p.m.)
- Tony Trigilio (Oct. 22, 5:30 p.m.)
- Terese Mailhot and Chris L. Terry (Nov. 11, 5:30 p.m.)
In addition to visiting authors, there are two additional readings:
- A Tribute to Ed Smith (Oct. 22, 5:30 p.m.)
- Undergraduate Reading (Dec. 3, 5:30 p.m.)
- Fall 2019 Creative Writing Reading Series: Undergraduate Reading618 South Michigan Avenue, Stage Two, 2nd Floor Chicago, IL 60605