Deep Dish Music Festival
Columbia College Chicago hosts an all-day invitational music festival for high school and community college ensembles to celebrate and cultivate their unique musical talents. Growing out of the Contemporary, Urban, and Popular Music and Jazz Studies programs, this festival is designed specifically for ensembles who perform pop, jazz, R&B, hip-hop, rock, gospel, blues, and Latin music.
The festival includes:
- Performances of high school and community college ensembles adjudicated by Columbia faculty
- Workshops led by Chicago music professionals on topics such as music technology, music business, and music theory specific to contemporary, urban, and popular music
- Master Classes with Tia Fuller
- A concert featuring Columbia’s leading ensembles performing with Tia Fuller
- And of course, plenty of pizza!
Renowned saxophonist Tia Fuller will adjudicate, perform, and lead a workshop for festival attendees.
When Grammy-nominated Mack Avenue recording artist, composer, educator and bandleader Tia Fuller picks up her saxophone, something amazing happens. Currently, Fuller balances the worlds of performance and education, magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music from Spelman College in Atlanta, GA, and summa cum laude with a Master’s degree in Jazz Pedagogy and Performance from the University of Colorado at Boulder. fulfilling a demanding schedule as both a busy touring, recording artist and a full-time professor at the Berklee College of Music in Boston. As an artist, performer, and teacher, Fuller feels that she is fulfilling her purpose here on this earth, which is to “serve as a light for others.”
Friday, March 10, 2023
Columbia College Chicago Music Center
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our Deep Dish Music Festival sponsors:
James E. Kopp, Jr. and Marilyn Kopp