Deep Dish Music Festival
Columbia College Chicago hosts an all-day invitational music festival for high school and community college ensembles to celebrate and cultivate their unique musical talents. Growing out of the Contemporary, Urban, and Popular Music and Jazz Studies programs, this festival is designed specifically for ensembles who perform pop, jazz, R&B, hip-hop, rock, gospel, and Latin music.
This year's Deep Dish Music Festival will take place in-person and virtually. Ensembles that are unable to attend in person have the option to attend workshops and concerts virtually. In-person participants are required to provide proof of vaccination or documentation of a negative COVID test completed within 72 hours prior to the start of the event. All attendees are required to wear face coverings for the duration of their visit (performers are exempt from this requirement while performing).
The festival includes:
- Performances of high school and community college ensembles adjudicated by Columbia Faculty
- Workshops led by Chicago music professionals on topics such as music technology, music business, and music theory specific to contemporary, urban, and popular music
- Master Classes with Woody Goss
- A concert featuring Columbia’s leading ensembles performing with Woody Goss.
- And of course, plenty of pizza!
Renowned keyboardist Woody Goss (Vulfpeck) will adjudicate, perform, and lead a workshop for festival attendees.
Woody Goss is best known as keyboardist for the funk rhythm section and internet phenom Vulfpeck. The group, which started as a video project for a senior thesis, would ultimately go on to sell out Madison Square Garden without a label or marketing team. Having penned some of Vulfpeck's most well-known compositions, Goss was able to launch a career writing and recording instrumental music, often collaborating with singers and lyricists.
When he's not in the studio, Goss advocates the healing effects of nature by leading bird walks and making videos for the Chicago Audubon Society.
Friday, March 4, 2022
Columbia College Chicago Music Center
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Thank you to our Deep Dish Music Festival sponsors:
James E. Kopp, Jr. and Marilyn Kopp
- Meet The Artist with Woody Goss1014 South Michigan Avenue, Concert Hall Chicago, IL 60605
- Meet The Artist with Tia Fuller