Creative Writing Reading Series
The Creative Writing Reading Series at Columbia College Chicago is one of the most dynamic, aesthetically diverse events of its kind in the city. Hosted by the English and Creative Writing Department, the series attracts prestigious, award-winning fiction writers, poets and nonfiction writers who perform, engage and educate on a myriad of topics and traditions.
The series is also committed to curating critically engaged contemporary works that challenge traditional discourse and embrace culturally relevant, diverse voices. Our unique connection to the vibrant cultural and educational district in the South Loop also sets the stage for some of the most fascinating, inspiring and influential conversations on the literary arts.
All readings will take place at Stage Two (618 S. Michigan Ave., Second Floor).
- Kevin Brockmeier and Randall Mann (Feb. 13, 5:30 p.m.)
- Boris Fishman and Parneshia Jones (March 5, 5:30 p.m.)
- Jessica Hopper and Kendra Allen (April 25, 5:30 p.m.)
In addition to visiting authors, there are two additional readings:
- Columbia College Chicago alumni (April 1, 7 p.m.)
- Citywide Undergraduate Poetry Festival (April 11, 5:30 p.m.)
- Spring 2019 Creative Writing Reading Series: Boris Fishman & Parneshia Jones618 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605
- Spring 2019 Creative Writing Reading Series: Jessica Hopper & Kendra Allen618 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605