Calling all entrepreneurs, artists, innovators, leaders, performers, communicators, and creatives...
Apply as a freshman student if you’ve completed high school, home school, or a GED and have not enrolled in coursework at a post-secondary college or university. This excludes dual enrollments, courses taken at Columbia College Chicago, and/or any post-secondary enrollment during the summer immediately following secondary school graduation or GED completion.
Columbia accepts and reviews applications on a rolling basis, and it’s in your best interest to complete your application as early as possible.
Ready to apply? Follow these steps.
1. Start your application.
Are you an international student? Follow the same steps listed here, and review this page for additional requirements.
2. Submit the following required items.
3. Read about our supplementary materials—and then decide if you want to submit any of them. (Keep in mind that a portfolio or audition is required for students applying for BFA or BMus programs. All students who submit a portfolio or audition will be considered for the Faculty Recognition Award.)
BA, BFA, BMus, BS Degrees: What’s the difference?
Our Bachelor of Arts (BA) programs allow for exploration, including the ability to tailor elective coursework beyond your major or add a minor. Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Bachelor of Music (BMus), Bachelor of Science (BS) programs feature more intensive required coursework in the major with limited elective coursework.
To apply for a BFA or BMus degree, simply select your preferred program on your application. A portfolio or audition/interview will be required with your application. Please see specific requirements by program here.
You can submit portfolios or schedule auditions via Columbia Connect, your application portal, after your application is submitted.
Audition and Interview Days (Dance, Fashion Studies, Music, and Theatre)
- Saturday, November 23, 2019: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, February 8, 2020: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 7, 2020: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., held in conjunction with Admitted Student Day