Ready for what’s next?Apply for 2020
Apply as a transfer student if you’ve completed high school, home school, or a GED and have enrolled in at least one credit hour at a post-secondary college or university. This excludes dual enrollments, courses taken at Columbia College Chicago, and/or any post-secondary enrollment during the summer immediately following secondary school graduation or GED completion.
Columbia accepts and reviews applications on a rolling basis, and it’s in your best interest to complete your application as early as possible. We make admissions decisions within four weeks of receiving a complete application file.
Need help planning your transfer to Columbia?
Our transfer planning tools can help you plan your transfer path from Columbia's partner schools and other colleges and universities.
Follow these steps to apply.
1. Start your application.
Are you an international student? Follow the same steps listed here, and review this page for additional requirements.
2. Submit the following required items.
3. Read about our supplementary materials—and then decide if you want to submit any of them. (Keep in mind that a portfolio or audition is required for students applying for BFA or BMus programs. All students who submit a portfolio or audition will be considered for the Faculty Recognition Award.)
BA, BFA, BMus, BS Degrees: What’s the difference?
Our Bachelor of Arts (BA) programs allow for exploration, including the ability to tailor elective coursework beyond your major or add a minor. Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Bachelor of Music (BMus), Bachelor of Science (BS) programs feature more intensive required coursework in the major with limited elective coursework.
To apply for a BFA or BMus degree, simply select your preferred program on your application. A portfolio or audition/interview will be required with your application. Please see specific requirements by program here.
You can submit portfolios or schedule auditions via Columbia Connect, your application portal, after your application is submitted.
Audition and Interview Days ( Dance, Fashion Studies, Music, and Theatre)
- Saturday, November 23, 2019: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, February 8, 2020: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 7, 2020: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., held in conjunction with Admitted Student Day
February 11, 2020
March 17 2020
April 28, 2020
This event is designed just for future transfer students. Visit us from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., and you can chat with admissions counselors and current students, take a campus tour, and have all of your transfer questions answered.
Visit us for Transfer Nights