Columbia Featured at the Chicago 5th Star Awards
On Sept. 14, Columbia will be well represented at the 3rd annual Chicago 5th Star awards presented by the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE). Among the four honorees of the evening will be Trustees Carlos Tortelero who is the founder of the National Museum of Mexican Art in Pilsen.
Associate Professor of Music Sebastian Huydts will perform a piece written by fellow Associate Professor of Music James-Kimo Williams which was commissioned by DCASE. Theatre Alum Chester Gregory ’95 will be among the many presenters for the event.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia