Columbia Featured at the Chicago 5th Star Awards
On Sept. 14, Columbia will be well represented at the 3rd annual Chicago 5th Star awards presented by the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE). Among the four honorees of the evening will be Trustees Carlos Tortelero who is the founder of the National Museum of Mexican Art in Pilsen.
Associate Professor of Music Sebastian Huydts will perform a piece written by fellow Associate Professor of Music James-Kimo Williams which was commissioned by DCASE. Theatre Alum Chester Gregory ’95 will be among the many presenters for the event.
- Columbia Renegades Coach Begins First-Ever Quidditch Scholarship to Help Promote Diversity
- Art and Art History Faculty Member on Documenting Difficult Times
- An Expert in Her Field: Associate Professor Katie Paciga on COVID-19, Children, and Screen Time
- Adjunct Instructor and Academy Award Nominee John Hancock on Fearlessness, Directing, and the Next Chapter
- Columbia Faculty Member Wins Awards for Broadway Show