Columbia Hosts Mapping the Magazine 5 Conference
Columbia College Chicago hosts Mapping the Magazine 5, an international conference that aims to create an intimate meeting of international magazine scholars from many disciplines (Media and Communications, Journalism, Gender and Cultural Studies, Sociology, Linguistics, English, History, Visual Communications, and more) who are interested in exploring the current state of magazine research and possibly developing collaborative research projects. The conference, now in its fifth installment, will be held in room 3N in the Library, 624 S. Michigan Ave., from July 25–27.
The series of conferences was established by Tim Holmes of the Cardiff University School of Journalism, Media and Culture in 2005. This year’s conference was organized by the leadership of the Magazine Media Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, including Sharon Bloyd-Peshkin, associate professor of Communication and head of the Magazine Media Division. It is co-sponsored by Northwestern University.
Columbia faculty, staff, and students are welcome to attend for free. See the full schedule here.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia