Curriculum Changes for Academic Year 2018-19
On Feb. 19, Provost Stan Wearden shared an update with faculty and staff on progress made over the last two and a half years toward implementing the 21st Century Curriculum goals of the Strategic Plan.
Two major areas of accomplishment achieved in the last year include a new structural framework to the Columbia Core Curriculum, which will be piloted in Spring 2019, and updates to Major Curricula, which will go into effect during the 2018-19 academic year. These transformations highlight the college’s commitment to offering a distinctive curriculum that aligns with students’ career aspirations and employer demands in those fields.
FAQs regarding curriculum changes for the 2018-19 academic year can be found on the Office of the Registrar website and is intended as a resource for students, faculty, and staff.
- Columbia Hosts First Student-Programmed Gala to Raise Money for Scholarships
- Transfer Student Trisa Colon on Building a Future as a Returning Learner
- Student Event Producer Iridian Fierro on Scholarships and Achieving Her Dreams
- Student Finds Inspiration and Motivation Through Event Collaboration
- Singer and Music Instructor G. Thomas Allen Celebrates Second GRAMMY Nominated Project