Curriculum Changes for Academic Year 2018-19
On Feb. 19, Provost Stan Wearden shared an update with faculty and staff on progress made over the last two and a half years toward implementing the 21st Century Curriculum goals of the Strategic Plan.
Two major areas of accomplishment achieved in the last year include a new structural framework to the Columbia Core Curriculum, which will be piloted in Spring 2019, and updates to Major Curricula, which will go into effect during the 2018-19 academic year. These transformations highlight the college’s commitment to offering a distinctive curriculum that aligns with students’ career aspirations and employer demands in those fields.
FAQs regarding curriculum changes for the 2018-19 academic year can be found on the Office of the Registrar website and is intended as a resource for students, faculty, and staff.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia