Elio Leturia Nominated for Alliance of Latino Theater Artists Award
Journalism Associate Professor Elio Leturia is nominated for the Alliance of Latinx Theater Artists (ALTA) Award in the Outstanding Artistic Specialization category for his work in media relations in the play La Muerte y La Doncella (Death and the Maiden).
La Muerte y La Doncella was produced by Aguijón Theater of Chicago, whose mission is “dedicated to creating exciting and meaningful theatrical experiences through the cultural exploration, discussion and performance of high quality Spanish-language and bilingual works.” Chilean playwright Ariel Dorfman’s La Muerte y La Doncella is a political, psychological thriller that has received significant acclaim since its premiere in 1991.
In response to Latinx artists being historically excluded from creative spaces, this year ALTA will host its first-ever awards ceremony as by acknowledging the work of Latinx-theatre makers in production companies in the Chicagoland area.
Winners will be announced during the awards ceremony at Victory Gardens on October 8.
- AAA Alum Patrick Tumulty on Pivoting to Chase the Dream
- Faculty, Alum on Her Full Circle Experience at Columbia College Chicago
- Yulia Yrkoski on Illustration and Staying True to Yourself
- Audio Engineering Student Kimberly Liwanag on Living the Journey
- Ksenia Rychtycka ’93 Publishes Poetry Chapbook, "A Sky Full of Wings"