Madhurima Chakraborty Appointed New Honors Program Faculty Fellow
In this role, Chakraborty will provide operational and strategic support to expand and enrich the Honors Program. In collaboration with the Honors Program director and under the guidance of the Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean and Office of the Provost, Chakraborty will review and revise policies that elevate the practices within the Honors education. Additionally, she will develop methods to facilitate Honors student opportunities across the college.
Chakraborty has developed and taught the Literature, Culture, and Power course under the Literature and the Cultural Studies curricula. This course invites students to examine cultural power through literary analysis. A steady and increased enrollment in this class suggests that students also recognize the importance of the course topics addressed. Chakraborty also helped develop the Practicing Cultural Studies upper-level course and has instructed numerous Honors courses. Chakraborty holds a BA in English from the University of Southern Mississippi, an MA in English from the University of Florida, and a
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format