Madhurima Chakraborty Appointed New Honors Program Faculty Fellow
English and Creative Writing Associate Professor Madhurima Chakraborty is selected as the new Honors Program faculty fellow for a one-year appointment during the 2018-19 academic year.
In this role, Chakraborty will provide operational and strategic support to expand and enrich the Honors Program. In collaboration with the Honors Program director and under the guidance of the Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean and Office of the Provost, Chakraborty will review and revise policies that elevate the practices within the Honors education. Additionally, she will develop methods to facilitate Honors student opportunities across the college.
Chakraborty has developed and taught the Literature, Culture, and Power course under the Literature and the Cultural Studies curricula. This course invites students to examine cultural power through literary analysis. A steady and increased enrollment in this class suggests that students also recognize the importance of the course topics addressed. Chakraborty also helped develop the Practicing Cultural Studies upper-level course and has instructed numerous Honors courses. Chakraborty holds a BA in English from the University of Southern Mississippi, an MA in English from the University of Florida, and a
- Dance and Cultural Studies Alum Brianna Heath '17 on the Importance of Listening to Your Genuine Self
- Pinball Wizard Jessica Durbala '21 Launches Her First Game
- Art History Assistant Professor Onur Öztürk on Architecture, Decolonization, and Our Intertwined World
- Alum Mary Kate Ashe '19 Promotes Accessibility at SXSW
- SXSW: Columbia College Chicago Students Experience the Ultimate Field Trip