Photographer Sasha Phyars-Burgess Receives 2018-19 Diane Dammeyer Fellowship
The Columbia College Chicago Photography Department announces the recipient of the 2018-19 Diane Dammeyer Fellowship in Photographic Arts and Social Issues as Sasha Phyars-Burgess. Phyars-Burgess, who has a BA from Bard College and an MFA from Cornell University, has exhibited work nationally and internationally.
The Diane Dammeyer Fellowship is a unique collaboration between Columbia’s Photography Department and Heartland Alliance, a leading global anti-poverty organization. The fellowship creates a space for a socially engaged photographer to produce a compelling and dynamic body of work highlighting human rights and social issues. The fellowship is a nine-month commitment during the academic year that “will culminate with a public presentation, exhibition and/or publication of the fellow’s newly created body of work at the completion of the fellowship period.”
There will be a Welcome Reception and Artist Talk with Phyars-Burgess on Wednesday, September 12.
2018-19 Diane Dammeyer Fellowship Welcome Reception
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:30-7p.m.
6p.m. Artist Talk by Sasha Phyars-Burgess
Museum of Contemporary Photography, Main Gallery
- Dance and Cultural Studies Alum Brianna Heath '17 on the Importance of Listening to Your Genuine Self
- Pinball Wizard Jessica Durbala '21 Launches Her First Game
- Art History Assistant Professor Onur Öztürk on Architecture, Decolonization, and Our Intertwined World
- Alum Mary Kate Ashe '19 Promotes Accessibility at SXSW
- SXSW: Columbia College Chicago Students Experience the Ultimate Field Trip