Tenena Soro Panelist at the 2018 Illinois Reading Council Conference
Humanities, History, and Social Sciences faculty member Tenena Soro was recently a panelist at the 2018 Illinois Reading Council. The panel took its name from Soro’s book, Building Literacy with English Language Learners: Insights from Linguistics, which includes co-authors Kristin Lems and Leah D. Miller of National Louis University. Building Literacy’s second edition was released through Guilford Press in 2017. The text explains relevant linguistic concepts with a focus on effective teaching strategies for today’s diverse PreK-12 classrooms.
The 2018 Illinois Reading Council Conference was held October 4-6 with this year’s theme being “Read the World.” The conference aims to provide support and leadership to all who promote and teach lifelong literacy.
Soro’s book can be purchased here.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia