Musical Theatre Student Ariel Triunfo Wins 2018 Lorna Strassler Award for Student Excellence at The School at Jacob’s Pillow
Musical Theatre student Ariel Triunfo attended The School at Jacob’s Pillow this summer and was awarded the prestigious 2018 Lorna Strassler Award for Student Excellence. The award provides material support and career encouragement in the form of a full program scholarship, plus a $2,500 cash gift. Established in 2004 by former Pillow board member Lorna Strassler and her husband, recipients “demonstrate performance excellence and exemplary dedication to the field.” The award is given to one dancer from all of those participating in the school’s four dance programs.
Trufino was invited to the Musical Theatre Dance Program summer intensive along with Musical Theatre Program students
During the summer intensive, Triunfo, Smith, and Richards participated in the development of a new musical titled Boy on the Roof, music
Founded by modern dance pioneer Ted Shawn in 1931 in the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts, Jacob’s Pillow is one of the country’s most prestigious and acclaimed dance schools and was listed as a National Historic Landmark in 2003.
Triunfo is also the recipient of the Jim Jacobs Musical Theatre Scholarship at Columbia College Chicago for the 2018-19 academic year.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format