Associate Professor Elio Leturia Featured in Production of Exquisita Agonía
A play featuring Journalism Associate Professor Elio Leturia will close its curtains this weekend after a six-week run at Aguijón Theater in Belmont-Cragin.
Exquisita Agonía, written by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Nilo Cruz, explores the complex stages of grief – and how some cope when a part of their loved one lives on. Leturia is a regular actor and an ensemble member of Aguijón Theater. In this production, he plays the doctor of a heart transplant recipient.
Since its October 11 debut, Exquisita Agonía has received a positive reception, with the Windy City Times calling it “dreamlike,” “fascinating to watch,” and “well worth seeing.” The final three shows can be seen Friday, November 22 and Saturday, November 23 at 8 p.m., and Sunday, November 24 at 6 p.m.
For tickets and more information, visit AguijónTheater.org.
- Journalist Danny Fenster ’09 Detained in Myanmar
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia