Columbia Alums 2019 Grammy Nominees
Three Columbia alums have been nominated in different categories for the 2019 Grammy Awards.
Music faculty member and alum Jonathan McReynolds ’11 is nominated in the categories Best Gospel Performance/Song for his work Cycles and Best Gospel Album for his release Make Room. McReynolds was first nominated in 2016 for Best Gospel Album for Life Music: Stage Two. In the Best Engineered Album, Classical category, Audio Arts and Acoustics faculty member and Interdisciplinary Arts and Media alum Mary Mazurek MFA ’11 is nominated for her engineering work on Liquid Melancholy - Clarinet Music Of James M. Stephenson. Former Design student and Fall Out Boy member Pete Wentz is nominated in the Best Rock Album category for the band’s work, Mania.
The 61st Grammy Awards Ceremony will take place on February 10.
- AAA Alum Patrick Tumulty on Pivoting to Chase the Dream
- Faculty, Alum on Her Full Circle Experience at Columbia College Chicago
- Yulia Yrkoski on Illustration and Staying True to Yourself
- Audio Engineering Student Kimberly Liwanag on Living the Journey
- Ksenia Rychtycka ’93 Publishes Poetry Chapbook, "A Sky Full of Wings"