Columbia Alumni Take Home 2021 Emmy Awards
Several Columbia College Chicago alumni were honored both individually and collectively for their work on award-winning television shows at the Television Academy's 73rd Creative Arts Emmy Awards and Primetime Emmy Awards on September 19, 2021.
Outstanding Cinematography for a Reality Program
Josh Fisch ’10, Camera, Life Below Zero
Outstanding Animated Program
Genndy Tartakovsky, Creator, Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal
Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Series
Matthew Fleischmann ’11, Camera, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Columbia is also celebrating our alumni who played key roles in these outstanding projects:
Outstanding Variety Special (Pre-Recorded)
Declan Quinn ’79, Cinematographer, Hamilton
And, to Dana Tuinier ’06, Comedy Executive at Apple TV+ for her work in bringing Ted Lasso - the most nominated freshmen comedy in TV history – to the screen. Ted Lasso won 7 Emmys (Primetime and Creative Arts).
Congratulations to the more than 20 alumni who were nominated at this year's Emmy Awards. View the full list of #ColumAlum nominees here.
- Executive Producer Brian Smego ’97 on Building His Dream Career
- Ju’Juan Day MFA ’20 Self Publishes First Poetry Collection, Footsteps
- Imprisoned Journalist Danny Fenster ’09 is Coming Home
- Associate Professor and Scientist Michelle Rafacz Helps Launch BA in Environmental and Sustainability Studies
- The Many Paths Forward with Audio Arts and Acoustics: Alum Jackie Loupakos ’19 on Life After Columbia