Advanced Practicum Film Wins Award
Columbia College Chicago is proud to announce that the CTVA Advanced Practicum Film "Parkers Dad" has won in the "Best Drama Short Student" category at the London Independent Film Awards. The film was directed by Max Raimi, who earned his BA from Columbia in 2017. While at Columbia, Raimi studied Cinematography and Film/Video Production.
"Parkers Dad," follows the path of a man named Jackson who was unaware of fathering a child, Parker, before Parker was put up for adoption by his mother. Now, Jackson must navigate a complex legal system and emotional web as he tries to build a relationship with his son and his son's other father, Bill.
The role of Jackson was played by Bryson Thomas ("Empire," "Chicago Fire,"), while the role of Bill was played by Mark Kelly ("Chicago PD").
Additional questions regarding this festival or film can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associate Professor Jeanne Petrolle’s Story of Writing, Adventures and the Bible
- Honorary Degree Recipient and Renowned Playwright and Actor Regina Taylor HDR ’11 to Speak at Columbia Social Justice Initiative Event
- Sheryl Williams on Performing, Intimacy for the Stage, and Eliminating the Stigma of Mental Health in the Arts
- Get Ready to Register for Summer and Fall 2021 Semesters
- Introducing Columbia's Newly Tenured Faculty