Alum Joseph Strickland '86 Premiers Feature Film at Gene Siskel Film Center
Filmmaker and Columbia College Chicago alum Joseph Strickland '86 has announced the Chicago Film Premiere of his award-winning feature film, Dual Mania.
The film will be shown at the Gene Siskel Film Center on Thursday, August 26, 2021.
Joseph was recently featured in an article in Screen Magazine, in which he shared is connection with Columbia. "This film will cover the topic of institutional racism in America, in the nation’s cities and rural areas alike," Strickland told SCREEN. "The film is going to explore domestic violence in how it migrates from the family to the community, and how it affects young people and impacts their lives."
Additionally, Joseph is preparing to shot his second feature film in the city of Chicago and will offer auditions to the local talent pool of actors and crew.
- Filmmaker Thavary Krouch, MFA ’13, Wants You to Know You are a Success
- English and Creative Writing Department Introduces New Literary magazine, Allium, A Journal of Poetry & Prose
- Columbia College Chicago Announces 2021-22 Art Now! Lecture Series
- Fashion Expert Flora Brunetti is Back: On Teaching, Mentoring, and Taking Good Risks
- Aleksei Borovikov MFA ’22 Gets Class and Passion Projects Noticed in Film Festivals