Columbia Alums Awarded Large Commission Project at O’Hare International Airport
Columbia Photography alum Jonathan Castillo MFA ’19, Art and Art History alum Krista Franklin MFA ’13, and Business and Entrepreneurship and Photography alum and current faculty member Cecil McDonald MFA ’08 were recently honored as three of the artists chosen to display their work in a large-scale art installation project at O’Hare.
O’Hare International Airport is undergoing an expansion of terminal 5 where the $3.5 million art project will come to life. The Terminal 5 Expansion public art project is set to invest in Chicago artists and creative professionals while providing international visitors a dynamic welcome to the city. The project is the largest single acquisition of works by Chicago artists in the last 30 years.
- Filmmaker Thavary Krouch, MFA ’13, Wants You to Know You are a Success
- English and Creative Writing Department Introduces New Literary magazine, Allium, A Journal of Poetry & Prose
- Columbia College Chicago Announces 2021-22 Art Now! Lecture Series
- Fashion Expert Flora Brunetti is Back: On Teaching, Mentoring, and Taking Good Risks
- Aleksei Borovikov MFA ’22 Gets Class and Passion Projects Noticed in Film Festivals