Columbia College Communications Office Awarded for Reporting on COVID-19
Columbia’s Strategic Communications and External Relations office has been recognized with three Awards for Publication Excellence for their writings and reporting on COVID-19 in 2020.
The Art of the Uplift: How Creatives Restore Community, written by Communications Manager Sarah Borchardt, received a Grand Award in the category of COVID-19 Media.
Senior Director of Campus Communications Keisha Cowen, Internal Communications Manager Heather Aguilar, and Senior Director of Design and Brand Management Kerrie Kirtland, were recognized with an Award of Excellence for the Together, Columbia Reopening Campus Training in the category of COVID-19 Media - Education & Training.
Columbia Dance Faculty Move in Sync with the Changing Educational Landscape, written by Communications Manager Daisy Franco, also received an Award of Excellence in the category of COVID-19 Media – Newspaper/Magazine Articles.
Please join us in congratulating the team on their recognition in the field of nonprofit publishers, editors, and writers.
The full PDF list of winners can be found on the APEX website here: https://www.apexawards.com/upload/files/APEX2021AwardsCatalog.pdf
- Journalist Danny Fenster ’09 Detained in Myanmar
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia