Columbia Journalism Faculty Welcomes International Professors
Columbia College Chicago's Journalism Department welcomed international professors from the country of Georgia for a day of discussion and learning.
The event, held on campus Thursday, Aug. 5, gave the 16 visiting professors an opportunity to share their personal experience in the industry with Columbia's faculty and advisors. A tour of Columbia's journalism facilities and a Q&A was also scheduled.
The trip was sponsored by the U.S. State Department to learn more about the changes in the journalism industry as well as the practice of teaching journalism and working with college news publications, according to associate professor of journalism Curtis Lawrence.
- Filmmaker Thavary Krouch, MFA ’13, Wants You to Know You are a Success
- English and Creative Writing Department Introduces New Literary magazine, Allium, A Journal of Poetry & Prose
- Columbia College Chicago Announces 2021-22 Art Now! Lecture Series
- Fashion Expert Flora Brunetti is Back: On Teaching, Mentoring, and Taking Good Risks
- Aleksei Borovikov MFA ’22 Gets Class and Passion Projects Noticed in Film Festivals