Columbia professor's debut novel selected for One Book, One Chicago program
The Chicago Public Library has announced English and Creative Writing professor Eric May's debut novel "Bedrock Faith" as the latest selection for its One Book, One Chicago program.
“Bedrock Faith” was chosen this year as the 20th anniversary of this citywide "book club," which this year explores the theme “Neighborhoods: Our City's Bedrock.”
The novel, originally published in 2014, is set in the fictional South Side Chicago neighborhood of Parkland, similar to the Morgan Park area where May was raised.
The library will be hosting virtual programs including discussions, recommended reading lists, digital content, author panels and web TV series from September through December to explore “Bedrock Faith” and this year’s theme.
May’s book can be reserved at the Chicago Public Library and purchased on the publisher’s website.
For more information on One Book, One Chicago, visit the Chicago Public Library website.
- CTVA Alumni to Have Film Shown at NYC Indie Theatre Film Festival
- Two Columbia College Chicago Fashion Students Win Fashion Scholarship Fund Awards
- AAA Alum Patrick Tumulty on Pivoting to Chase the Dream
- Faculty, Alum on Her Full Circle Experience at Columbia College Chicago
- Yulia Yrkoski on Illustration and Staying True to Yourself