Columbia Alums Collaborate on Film Festival
Clendenin, an actor and content creator, is known for his work with Second City as well as on various films and television shows ("Monk," "Scrubs," "BlacKkKlansman."). Jones is a creative technologist who graduated from Columbia with honors in 2001 and has been working in the entertainment marketing industry for the past 10 years developing websites for Fast and Furious, How to Train Your Dragon and Bill Maher, amongst others. Now, they are coming together for a new and expanded KaPow film festival.
This is the first year KaPow IFF will be offered in an entirely virtual environment. The event will be hosted online with Filmocracy.com. Filmmakers, Musicians, Podcasters, Screenwriters, TikTokers, and other creators will have opportunities to network and meet their future collaborators.
Long and short form projects will be accepted in the following categories:
- Music Videos
- TV Pilots
- Web/New Media
- Public Service Announcements
- Virtual Reality (New for 2021)
- Social Media Videos (TikTok, IG, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter--New for 2021)
- The Museum of Contemporary Photography: A Hidden Gem
- Social Justice Through the Lens
- Columbia College Chicago Hosts 4th Annual Black Arts Festival
- Community at the Heart of Columbia: Musician Hannah Pope Takes the Plunge
- A One-of-a-Kind Ride: Associate Professor Peg Murphy on Communication at Columbia College Chicago