Faculty-Edited Film, Rain Beau's End, Gets Global Premier March 8th, 2021
Columbia College Chicago is pleased to announce that the film Rain Beau's End, edited by Cinema and Television Arts Adjunct Instructor Wayne Kumingo, will be streaming online via Lesflicks beginning March 8, 2021. There will also be a cast and crew live stream on March 8th beginning at 2pm CST.
Rain Beau's End tells the story of two women who adopt a child with a genetic condition and behavioral issues. It is a story of grappling with the unexpected and coming to terms with accepting the unforeseen.
Columbia alum Kyara Bolanos served as a sound designer for the project, while alum Zander Edelman served as the film's Digital Imaging Technician. The film was directed by Tracy Wren, written by Jennifer Cooney, and Produced by Joe Orlandino. It stars Janelle Snow ("Chicago Fire," "Chicago Med," and "Empire,"), and co-stars Ed Asner ("Mary Tyler Moore Show", "Lou Grant,"), Sean Young ("Blade Runner," "No Way Out,") and Christain Stolte ("Chicago Fire").
The film has had a successful run on the festival circuit. It won the audience award at the 2020 qFLIX XL Film Festival and was accepted into the 2021 Garden State Film Festival, which will take place from March 23rd to March 28th, 2021.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format