Glass Curtain Gallery Presents Cristal Sabbagh's Solo Exhibit 'OOPS! POW! SURPRISE!'
Columbia College Chicago's Glass Curtain Gallery is pleased to present OOPS! POW! SURPRISE! a solo exhibition of work by Cristal Sabbagh.
The exhibition, which is now open and runs through April 21, takes a deep look at Sabbagh’s interdisciplinary practice that includes traditional portraiture, ceramics, and performance.
Sabbagh is a teaching interdisciplinary artist influenced by film, history, politics, Butoh, and improvised sound. Although her work is typically defined in movement, her practice also looks outward to portraits of the world around, taking the forms of traditionally drawn portraits, figurative ceramic sculptures, and nontraditional portraits on ceramic mugs.
During the run of OOPS! POW! SURPRISE!,a full-color catalog will be issued that includes a poetic essay, also on view in the gallery, by artist and writer Abra M. Johnson.
For more information on this exhibit, visit the Glass Curtain Gallery website. Gallery Hours are Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Capacity of gallery is 10 visitors, and masks are required.
- Dance and Cultural Studies Alum Brianna Heath '17 on the Importance of Listening to Your Genuine Self
- Pinball Wizard Jessica Durbala '21 Launches Her First Game
- Art History Assistant Professor Onur Öztürk on Architecture, Decolonization, and Our Intertwined World
- Alum Mary Kate Ashe '19 Promotes Accessibility at SXSW
- SXSW: Columbia College Chicago Students Experience the Ultimate Field Trip