Glass Curtain Gallery Presents Cristal Sabbagh's Solo Exhibit 'OOPS! POW! SURPRISE!'
Columbia College Chicago's Glass Curtain Gallery is pleased to present OOPS! POW! SURPRISE! a solo exhibition of work by Cristal Sabbagh.
The exhibition, which is now open and runs through April 21, takes a deep look at Sabbagh’s interdisciplinary practice that includes traditional portraiture, ceramics, and performance.
Sabbagh is a teaching interdisciplinary artist influenced by film, history, politics, Butoh, and improvised sound. Although her work is typically defined in movement, her practice also looks outward to portraits of the world around, taking the forms of traditionally drawn portraits, figurative ceramic sculptures, and nontraditional portraits on ceramic mugs.
During the run of OOPS! POW! SURPRISE!,a full-color catalog will be issued that includes a poetic essay, also on view in the gallery, by artist and writer Abra M. Johnson.
For more information on this exhibit, visit the Glass Curtain Gallery website. Gallery Hours are Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Capacity of gallery is 10 visitors, and masks are required.
- Associate Professor Jeanne Petrolle’s Story of Writing, Adventures and the Bible
- Honorary Degree Recipient and Renowned Playwright and Actor Regina Taylor HDR ’11 to Speak at Columbia Social Justice Initiative Event
- Sheryl Williams on Performing, Intimacy for the Stage, and Eliminating the Stigma of Mental Health in the Arts
- Get Ready to Register for Summer and Fall 2021 Semesters
- Introducing Columbia's Newly Tenured Faculty