New Charity Album Celebrates Columbia College Chicago Students and Alums
Columbia College Chicago is pleased to celebrate the release of "Humanity is the Genre," a benefit compilation project featuring Columbia College Chicago students and alumni. The album was created in direct response to the political and social tumult of 2020, with the goal of creating unity, art, and community healing.
“'Humanity is the Genre' captures the spirit of collaboration for a cause. [It effectively showcases] the talents of professionals and students working together to create a project to help those in need," said Columbia College Chicago student advisor Thomas Joyce to the Ed Cal Media Agency.
The proceeds from streaming "Humanity is the Genre" will go to Haven Studios, the Bronzeville non-profit organization Guitars Over Guns' first community-based recording studio. Haven Studios is a Chicago mentorship resource for students who wish to express themselves through sound.
"Humanity is the Genre" was released by Electric Train Records in partnership with The Orchard, a Sony Music Company.
Questions regarding "Humanity is the Genre" can be directed to Thomas Joyce at email@example.com.
- Dance and Cultural Studies Alum Brianna Heath '17 on the Importance of Listening to Your Genuine Self
- Pinball Wizard Jessica Durbala '21 Launches Her First Game
- Art History Assistant Professor Onur Öztürk on Architecture, Decolonization, and Our Intertwined World
- Alum Mary Kate Ashe '19 Promotes Accessibility at SXSW
- SXSW: Columbia College Chicago Students Experience the Ultimate Field Trip