Sabrina Pastard MFA ’21 given an honorable mention in the CAA’s Professional Development Fellowship
College Art Association of America, Inc. has announced this year’s 2020 Professional Development Fellows. Sabrina Pastard will receive a Master of Fine Arts from Columbia in May 2021. Pastard is a visual artist who works with the poetics in the meta of the mundane. Often balancing her visuals on the borderline of familiarity and the abject, safety and crisis. Her multidisciplinary practice ranges in medium from ready-made sculptures and abstract prints to conceptual writings and poetry. Each new work invites an intellectual intimacy from the viewer as it inquires to the status of our assumed lives and societal taboos.
Given this award, Pastard will be awarded a complimentary one-year CAA membership and registration for the 2022 Annual Conferenc in Chicago.
- Assistant Professor David Antognoli on Game Design, Mentorship, and Serious Games
- Graduate Students are Ready to Showcase Their Work in this Year’s Manifest
- Sarah Uhlarik ’17 Returns to Columbia For Interaction Design MA and Gets Noticed
- Adjunct Professor Kate Wisel MFA ’17 on Chasing Her Dreams
- Elsa Brydalski on How Graphic Design Keeps Her Sharp and Creative