Student Film Finds Festival Success
Columbia College Chicago is pleased to announce that CTVA student Daniel Kayamba's recent short film, "Flowers and Bikes," won an Honorable Mention from Argo Short Films Student Film Festival and is an official selection of Indy Film Fest 2021.
In "Flowers and Bikes," which was written and directed by Kayamba and produced by Sasha Rosenberg, a first date and a stolen bicycle cause the worlds of two sets of teen brothers in the Southside of Chicago to collide in unexpected tragedy. The trailer for the film can be seen here.
Kayamba is a Chicago-based filmmaker from Portland, Oregon, who was born in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. As he says on his website, he "aims to explore and document the lives of minorities through his work." Kayamba is committed to creating positive change in his community. In 2018, he co-founded Rolling Tapes Film and Art Festival in Portland, Maine. "Flowers and Bikes" is his latest film.
Inquires regarding this film can be directed to Kayamba directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format