Student Film Finds Festival Success
Columbia College Chicago is pleased to announce that CTVA student Daniel Kayamba's recent short film, "Flowers and Bikes," won an Honorable Mention from Argo Short Films Student Film Festival and is an official selection of Indy Film Fest 2021.
In "Flowers and Bikes," which was written and directed by Kayamba and produced by Sasha Rosenberg, a first date and a stolen bicycle cause the worlds of two sets of teen brothers in the Southside of Chicago to collide in unexpected tragedy. The trailer for the film can be seen here.
Kayamba is a Chicago-based filmmaker from Portland, Oregon, who was born in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. As he says on his website, he "aims to explore and document the lives of minorities through his work." Kayamba is committed to creating positive change in his community. In 2018, he co-founded Rolling Tapes Film and Art Festival in Portland, Maine. "Flowers and Bikes" is his latest film.
Inquires regarding this film can be directed to Kayamba directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dance and Cultural Studies Alum Brianna Heath '17 on the Importance of Listening to Your Genuine Self
- Pinball Wizard Jessica Durbala '21 Launches Her First Game
- Art History Assistant Professor Onur Öztürk on Architecture, Decolonization, and Our Intertwined World
- Alum Mary Kate Ashe '19 Promotes Accessibility at SXSW
- SXSW: Columbia College Chicago Students Experience the Ultimate Field Trip