Suzanne McBride Appointed New Dean of the School of Graduate Studies
Provost Marcella David is pleased to announce the selection of Professor Suzanne McBride, current chair of Communication, as the next Dean of Columbia College Chicago's School of Graduate Studies. Dean McBride is a distinguished academic who brings both vision and significant management experience to the role as Dean.
As she noted in her campus presentation, top priorities for Dean McBride will be to collaborate with colleagues to support, strengthen and innovate graduate programming, touching all aspects from curriculum, recruitment, professional development, and student support.
Importantly, Dean McBride’s vision of inclusive excellence, combined with her commitment to work to collaboratively leverage opportunities for innovation, will enable Columbia to meet the current challenges and opportunities for graduate education today.
Upon accepting this position, she stated, “I'm thrilled to be stepping into this role and look forward to partnering with colleagues across the college to recruit a diverse graduate student body, and ensure they feel part of our community and are fully supported during their time at Columbia.”
Dean McBride’s appointment will be effective June 1, 2021.
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced