We Witness Documentary by Columbia Alumni to be aired on WTTW
Columbia’s Cinema and Television Arts Department invites you to tune in to watch the feature documentaryWe Witness created by Columbia alumni, which first aired on WTTW last November, will air three additional times this coming week.
This collaborative film was created as part of the City Bricks Report Card Project with Khosro Beik '92, CTVA alum and director/producer, Mehrnaz Saeed-Vafa, professor of Cinema and Television Arts, and Laurie Hewings-Little, adjunct faculty member in the CTVA Department.
We Witness focuses on disparities in life opportunities and resources among Chicago neighborhoods, following community reaction to a mural that presents data comparing the disinvested Garfield Park neighborhood with more affluent areas. Interviews with residents, business owners, civic and faith leaders, and experts provide commentary and historical context.
Thursday, Feb 3 at 9 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 4 at 4 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 5 at 2:30 a.m.
The full episode can also be viewed on the WTTW website.
Check out citybricksreportcard.org to learn more about the project and the team.
- International Student Seizes Opportunities After Emerging From COVID-19 Isolation
- A Passion for Philosophy, Piping Plovers, Punk, and Pedagogy
- Dave Pabellon on Being a Design Practitioner and Why He Chose Columbia
- Raising Hearing Awareness Among Future Sound Professionals
- Making Chemistry Shine at Columbia