Columbia Faculty Member Receives Teaching Award
Columbia Associate Professor of Journalism Elio Leturia was presented with the 2022 Excellence in Teaching Award from the Visual Communication Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) at the 105th national Conference in Detroit on August 5, 2022.
Leturia submitted The Latinx Word, a collaborative magazine project produced by Columbia students from two courses he teaches. Visual Communication students edited, designed, and laid out each story as their final course project, and People, Power & Narrative: Latino Voices students reported and wrote the stories and provided photography for them.
To read The Latinx Word stories click HERE.
- Theatre Major Edgar "Cléo” Flores on Life in Theatre and Areas of Opportunity
- Cultivating Creativity at Columbia: A Student Finds His Place
- Joseph Sikora: From Stage and Screen to Behind the Scenes
- The Science of Sound: As Told by a Renaissance Man
- Columbia Votes Prepares Students for Midterm Elections