Columbia Ranks Among Best Animation Schools in the Midwest, Illinois, and U.S.
The Animation Career Review has announced its 11th annual rankings of animation schools, with Columbia College Chicago ranking No. 4 in the Midwest and No. 3 in Illinois. Nationally, Columbia placed in the top 15 percent of animation schools at No. 27. The criteria used in determining the rankings included academic reputation, depth and breadth of the program faculty, admission selectivity, and graduation rate.
These regional and national rankings began in 2012 as a response to aspiring animators and game designers wanting to know the best schools in the United States.
Columbia’s animation programs—both traditional and computer—reside in the Interactive Arts and Media department, part of the School of Media Arts, where students work with new and emerging technologies to create the immersive experiences of the future
- International Student Seizes Opportunities After Emerging From COVID-19 Isolation
- A Passion for Philosophy, Piping Plovers, Punk, and Pedagogy
- Dave Pabellon on Being a Design Practitioner and Why He Chose Columbia
- Raising Hearing Awareness Among Future Sound Professionals
- Making Chemistry Shine at Columbia