Provost Announces Deans Search
A new search for deans in the School of Fine and Performing Arts (SFPA) and the School of Media Arts (SMA) kicks off Oct. 21 & 22, and includes an invitation to all faculty and staff members to participate in open forums to share their ideas, thoughts and suggestions.
According to Senior Vice President and Provost Stan Wearden in an announcement on Friday, Oct. 16, “the college is expressly searching for dean candidates who will be enthusiastic about being part of and helping to lead the structural change conversation and process.” The selection of new deans is among the most important decisions for the college this year, and the Office of the Provost has encouraged widespread participation to help inform those selections.
Working again with Isaacson, Miller – a leading higher education executive firm that recently assisted the college in the searches for President, Provost and Chief Information Officer – the college will also partner with them in facilitating the search committees and open forums. The search committees will be represented by full-time and part-time faculty members in each respective school, members from the Part-time Faculty Union (P-fac) and United Staff of Columbia College (US of CC), and a student representative.
Senior Associate Provost Suzanne Blum-Malley will serve as chair of both committees.
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia
- Alexis Kirkpatrick BA ’22 Publishes Story “Mr. Forget- Me-Not?"
- Nick Olson BA ’14 Publishes first Novel, Here’s Waldo