NABJ and Columbia College Student Chapter Hosts Mayoral Candidates Forum
CHICAGO (Feb. 9, 2015) - All five mayoral candidates for the city of Chicago will take center stage at Film Row Cinema Feb. 11 at 5:30 p.m. The upcoming city election is on Feb. 24, and Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Willie Wilson, Jesus “Chuy” Garcia, William “Dock” Walls, and Bob Fioretti all have their perspectives to share on a variety of city issues. The event is hosted by the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) and the Columbia College Association of Black Journalists (CCABJ).
This is the first time Columbia College Chicago has served as the site for a mayoral candidates forum. President and CEO, Dr. Kwang-Wu Kim, will introduce the event and the speakers. The forum will be moderated by Chicago Sun-Times’ Maudlyn Ihejirika and CBS Chicago’s Dorothy Tucker. Questions for the candidates were developed by the Columbia College student chapter of the NABJ in collaboration with the moderators. The forum will also be live streamed at youtube.com/columbialinks123.
This event is only open to NABJ Chicago, CCABJ, and Columbia College Chicago students, faculty and staff. NABJ or Columbia ID required for entrance.
- Russell Gunn on the Trumpet and Building a Life in Music
- Jessie Ann Foley MFA ’12 Publishes Fourth Book, You Know I’m No Good
- Business and Entrepreneurship Faculty Member Inspires Students to Redefine Marketing, Become Creative Change Agents
- Instructor Ryan Black Explores the Wide World of Audio Engineering
- Jerakah Greene ’20 Follows Their Passion to Hometown Following Graduation