Muse Summer Alumni Residency
CHICAGO (Sept. 10, 2015) –The Columbia College Chicago Department of Exhibitions Performance and Student Spaces (DEPS) is pleased to present Muse, an exhibition of work by photographer Niki Grangruth (MFA '09) and multimedia artist James Kinser (MA '05). The collaborators were selected for the inaugural eight-week Summer Alumni Residency Program.
Muse inverts the traditional role of art-historical male artist/female subject and explores non-traditional concepts of gender, beauty, and the gaze. This collaborative project features photography, costume, and set design reinterpreting iconic works from master painters such as Edouard Manet and Sandro Botticelli. All of the work, including “Girl with a Pearl Earring” (after Vermeer), explores gender expression outside of the common male/female binary.
Sept. 8, - Oct. 2, 2015
Reception: Sept. 18, 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
33 E. Congress
James Kinser and Niki Grangruth
Mark Porter, email@example.com
Monday through Friday 9:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday by appointment.
Columbia College Chicago is an urban institution that offers innovative degree programs in the visual, performing, media and communication arts for more than 10,000 students in 120 undergraduate and graduate programs. An arts and media college committed to a rigorous liberal arts curriculum, Columbia is dedicated to opportunity and excellence in higher education. For further information, visit www.colum.edu
- Filmmaker Thavary Krouch, MFA ’13, Wants You to Know You are a Success
- English and Creative Writing Department Introduces New Literary magazine, Allium, A Journal of Poetry & Prose
- Columbia College Chicago Announces 2021-22 Art Now! Lecture Series
- Fashion Expert Flora Brunetti is Back: On Teaching, Mentoring, and Taking Good Risks
- Aleksei Borovikov MFA ’22 Gets Class and Passion Projects Noticed in Film Festivals